SMS Environmental Rolls Out Monthly City & Guilds Assured Training Across The UK
We are thrilled to announce that SMS Environmental will be holding regular training courses on legionella awareness, and they are City & Guilds Assured. These one-day courses will be taking place across the UK, with the first due to take place today in Derby.
‘Assured’ is a joint service between City & Guilds and ILM, which recognises excellence in training programme delivery. It ensures that you can have the confidence and reassurance that your training will meet best practice standards and provides additional credibility when scrutinised by the regulator or inspection body.
We are honoured to be offering City & Guilds Assured training. We see great value in supporting responsible persons whether they’re new to the role or in need of a refresher. These courses are designed to support them in doing their jobs more effectively.
Michael Crook, Chief Executive Officer, SMS Environmental
The ‘Legionella Awareness Training for Duty Holders and Responsible Persons’ combines the basics of legionella awareness with management and leadership training. It exists to provide fundamental knowledge and competence to those who are responsible for legionella management at all levels of the operation.
The modules covered in this course are:
- Background, history, microbiology and legislation related to legionella and Legionnaires’ disease
- Managing risk and how to comply with health and safety regulations
- Compliance requirements: risk assessment and competence, written scheme and management and control
- Specific controls in domestic hot and cold water systems in the workplace, and other system
- The requirements of the ACoP to achieve legal compliance on their own sites
- The appropriate course of action in the event of a legionella positive and a case or outbreak of Legionnaires disease
- The importance of appropriate record keeping
Upon completing this course, appointed staff will have an understanding of Legionnaires’ disease and its causative agent: legionella bacteria, and they will be well equipped to comply fully with HSE (2013) Legionnaires’ disease, the control of legionella bacteria in water systems Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L8 & Associated Guidance HSG274 Parts 1 to 3.
Our training courses are well-recognised. We pride ourselves on both the quality of our training events and the range of bespoke courses we provide. What’s more, all courses are flexible, covering everything from basic onsite training with a brief introduction, and legionella awareness, to more in-depth management of legionella control.
If you are interested in enrolling onto our next course it is taking place on:
Thursday, 7 September in our HQ in Harwell Campus, please click here.
We will also be hosting another training day in Derby in December, to find out more, click here.